Monday, November 2, 2009

Fast Pace

I have a healthy little man. Sawyer Braddock Green was born July 11, 2009. He weighed 10 pounds 9 ounces and was 23 inches long. He's absolutely beautiful...so cuddly, so calm. I finally have a snuggler. He's 3.5 months old now, and wearing 9 month clothes. He has blonde hair and is the mini me of his father. He has a smile that is infectious. I am truly blessed.

Addison is amazing. She's 22 months. I can't believe it's almost been 2 years since she introduced us to parenthood. Some days I'm on autopilot, but I wish I could slow down and savor every minute with her. She is so smart. She knows all her letters of the alphabet...counts, sings songs, reasons, listens...she's mature beyond her age for sure.

Sometime life is overrun with appointments, bills, plans...there are days I wish we could freeze time and never forget the laughter...the smiles...the dances...the songs.

They are both growing so fast. Becoming little people...with their unique personalities. I hope and pray they look back on their childhood and know how much they were loved and adored.

I pray for patience daily and constantly repeat Darius Rucker's song lyrics, "It won't be like this for long." I pray to remember all the details. Even the ones that aren't my favorite. One day I'll wish she'd want me to read Green Eggs and Ham one more time. I'll wish I could still give her baths and laugh with her as she splashes . That she'd always cry out "mommy" in the middle of the night. That we'd be able to sing and dance together and I'd be the one she'd want to hold hands with. She's not even 2, but I can tell my little girl is growing up. It's a beautiful thing, yet makes me sad to know these moments are not going to last forever. I pray I cherish the little things always.

Being a mother is the greatest gift I've ever known. God is so generous to let his children bless our lives in so many ways. He teaches us so many lessons through them. Patience, unconditional love, and most importantly that He is in control. We aren't promised tomorrow...so let us hold the moments we are given in our hearts and mind and never let them go.

No comments:

Post a Comment